annuleren
Resultaten voor 
Zoek in plaats daarvan naar 
Bedoelde u: 

Since Ebay took over the payments from Paypal, costs have increased with over 15%!!!

A year ago Ebay announced they took over the payment system from Paypal and promised it would be quite a bit cheaper, but in truth I pay quite a bit more. So, it was not an honest promise and although I have written them about it, the answer is 'we had to charge more, because we took over the work from Paypal'.

But that is not what was promised, it was promised it would becone cheaper and it has become more expensive. But the problem is, I cannot go back to start using Paypal for the payments I receive from my sales on Ebay.

Here are two examples

June 2021 camera part

26,00 euro price part

07,00 euro shipping costs

26,00 euro totaal price

01,61 euro Ebay commission

01,23 euro Paypal commission

02,84 euro total commission (10,92% total cost for the seller)

May 2022 camera charger

15,00 euro price charger

11,00 euro shipping costs

26,00 euro totaal price

03,27 euro Ebay commission etc (12,58% total cost for the seller)

So, I pay 3,27 - 2,84 = 0,38 euro more for an item since Ebay took over the payment system from Paypal, that is an increase in commission and fees with 15,41%

Ebay took out the middle man (Paypal) and promised fees would go down, instead they went up considerably with 15,41% for items like this.

And I don't think it is fair!

Bericht 1 van 3
laatste antwoord
2 ANTWOORDEN 2

Since Ebay took over the payments from Paypal, costs have increased with over 15%!!!

Another example of a cheaper item I sold

Camera part = 23 euro

Ebay commission + VAT = 2,93 euro

Total costs = 2,93 euro

Percentage from sale price = 12,78%

Camera part = 23 euro

Ebay commission + VAT = 1,51 euro

Paypal fee = 1,13 euro

Total costs: 1,51 + 1,13 = 2,54 euro

Percentage from sale price = 11,04%

So, for the same item Ebay charges 0,42 euro more than a year ago, when Paypal still took care of the payments.

That is quite a big chunck from a sale worth 23 euro.

Bericht 2 van 3
laatste antwoord

Today I sold an item for 10 euro + 12 euro shipping costs. When Paypal took care of the payments I would pay

- 10% commission over the item, which would be 1 euro

- about 0,72 euro for Paypal

So in total i would pay 1,72 euro which is fair.

Ebay said it would become cheaper for us sellers when they kicked out Payal, which is not true. Ebay started charging commission from the shipping costs also. So making it much more expensive. No real auction charges commission over shipping costs, because the shipping costs aren't earnings.

Now Ebay charges commissiong not over 10 euro of the item, but of 10 euro for the item and 12 euro for the shipping costs, so 22 euro.

This results in 2,82 euro commission I have to pay, so that is a whopping 28,2% commission. So since Ebay took over the payments I pay almost 30% commission.

It is just not worthwhile selling small items any more on Ebay.

I will stop with it, this is just theft I have no other word for 28,2% commission.

NOBODY CHARGES COMMISSION OVER SHIPPING COSTS, because it has nothing to do with the sale, earnings or even profit.

They lied it would become cheaper, they lied!

1,72 euro commission a year ago and now 2,82 euro for the same item.

This is insane!

Bericht 3 van 3
laatste antwoord